Frequently asked questions
1. Where can I find information on an upcoming summit and its cost?
To receive full information, please click the ‘Request Brochure’ button under the specified summit. A brochure with this information will be sent shortly after the request is processed.
2. Where can I find your annual list of summits?
Our annual list of summits can be found on our website under the ‘Events’ tab. Summits can also be searched by category on our homepage. Also, to be kept apprised of our events, follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube for up-to-date announcements of upcoming events and discounts.
3. As a delegate, do I have access to the list of other delegates attending the summit?
Yes, as a delegate you do receive a list of the other delegates attending. The list is provided after the summit with the documentation package.
4. How many attendees do you expect at each summit?
Our summits average 50 – 150 people. The exact number of attendees will fluctuate for each summit. For exact number inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Who generally attends your summits?
Our summits are B2B events. They are targeted towards and attended by senior level personnel and industry leaders across Europe, and parts of North America, Asia and Middle East.
6. What language are your summits in?
Our summits are in English.
7. What do the networking opportunities entail?
Networking is essential to all aspects of our summits. Some exclusive networking opportunities include: interactive breaks, a business lunch and a business dinner. Our most exciting networking opportunity is our ‘Speed Networking’ break. ‘Speed Networking’ is an innovative approach to maximising networking opportunities through two minute periods; where delegates can meet their peers and exchange business cards before rotating to the next company representative.
8. How do you facilitate the ‘Speed Networking’ session?
The ‘Speed Networking’ session works by dividing the group into two lines facing each other. Everyone will have two minutes to introduce themselves (stating name, job position, company, what they would like to get out of the summit, and etc.) to the person across from them. Then attendees will be asked to move on to the next person. The idea is to facilitate the initial meeting of attendees. Further discussions and idea sharing can continue throughout coffee breaks, lunch and dinner time.
9. Can I only attend a summit for one day?
Although we do recommend attendance for the entire two days to gain the full experience, we realise life has other demands. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discounted rate.
10. Can I split the 2nd day summit with a colleague?
Although our summits are meant to be enjoyed in their entirety by one person, we understand that in special cases you can only make it to part of the conference. So, yes you can split the 2nd day summit with a colleague.
11. Will I receive the presentations from the summit?
Yes, you will receive the full documentation package including authorised presentations within five working days of the summit.
12. In the situation that I am unable to attend, can I still receive the documentation package and the presentations?
In the situation that you are unable to attend, you will still receive the documentation package and the presentations. Please note, that presentations that are available for download will be subject to distribution rights by speaker.
13. How do I sign up to become a speaker?
To sign up to become a speaker, please fill out our speakers form under the ‘Speaking’ tab. We will get back to you shortly regarding availabilities.
Hotel & Accommodation:
1. Can you please provide the hotel information for the summit?
Hotel information for the summit can be found on the summit page on our website. If it is not there, it means we are still planning the perfect location for the summit. As soon as a specific venue is confirmed we will post the information on our website. Registered delegates will be informed by e-mail automatically. If you are not registered and would like to be notified via email as soon as the information becomes available, please email email@example.com with the following subject line: "name of the event" Venue Request.
2. Do we provide reservations at the hotel for delegates?
We do not provide reservations nor pay hotel reservation fees for the delegates.
3. Are there special discounted rates offered for booking at the hotel of the conference?
Sometimes we can secure a special discounted rate for our attendees at the hotel of the summit. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further.
Registration & Payment:
1. How can I register for a summit?
There are two ways to register for our summits. If you have the pdf version of the registration form (last page of the brochure), please fill out the editable pdf, sign it, and email it to email@example.com. Or, you can register for a summit ONLINE. To do so, please click the ‘Register Now’ button under the specified summit on our website. Fill out the form, accept the terms and conditions, and click ‘SEND’. Upon receiving this registration form, we will send you an invoice for payment.
2. What is included in the registration fee for delegates?
The registration fee for delegates includes 2 days participation, refreshments, lunches, dinner, and documentation package. Accommodation is NOT included.
3. How can I pay the registration fee?
There are few different ways to pay the registration fee. These include: bank transfer, credit card, and PayPal. Payments by bank transfer are in Euros. Payments by credit card are charged in Czech Korunas. We are not liable for any additional bank transfer fees that may occur in result of paying by this tender and operating in a foreign currency.
4. When do you provide an invoice for payment?
We provide an invoice for payment after we receive the signed registration form.
5. Is registration for a summit available before the name(s) of the delegate(s) are known?
Yes, you can register for a summit before the names of the delegates are known. We just ask to know two weeks in advance of the summit.
6. Are you able to send a visa invitation letter in order to attend the event?
Yes, we can send a visa invitation letter after payment for the event has successfully been processed.
7. Is there a special registration fee for delegates from non-profit organisations?
Yes, there is a special registration fee for delegates from non-profit organisations. The fee is €1,195.
8. Do discounts also apply to the non-profit organisation package?
The non-profit organisation package is a fixed fee and therefore there are no additional discounts available.
9. Is there a special registration fee for students?
Yes, there is a special registration fee for students. The fee is the same as the non-profit organisation fee which is €1,195 and therefore there are no additional discounts available.
10. Are group discounts available?
We understand the importance of educating an entire team, and we want to support that. For groups of 2 -3 from the same company receive a discount of €200 off of the delegate price; for groups of 4 or more receive a discount of €400 off of the delegate price. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. I am going to register my colleagues for the summit, but for our internal procedure we require your bank details? Could you please provide this information?
Upon successfully receiving the registration form of the attendees we will provide an invoice. The invoice will include our banking details.
12. In the unlikely event I have to cancel, do I get a refund?
Please read our terms and conditions for our cancellation policy.